Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation

The American Citizen Services Unit of the U.S. Embassy Majuro accepts passport applications, amends passports in the event of a name change, adds additional passport pages, and issues emergency passports to U.S. citizens. In order to assist you in your passport application process, click here.  This link will help you determine what type of passport you need to apply for, the forms you will need to fill out, and the other administrative procedures that you will have to complete in order for us to approve and process your passport application.

For further information, please click on the appropriate links below:

CA Press Release

  • The U.S. Department of State will no longer add visa pages into U.S. passports beginning January 1, 2016.
  • The Final Rule to this effect was published in the Federal Register on November 20, 2015.  This Final Rule was published after a 60 day comment period. 
  • Previously, U.S. passport holders had the option to pay for the insertion of additional 24-page visa inserts when valid passports lacked adequate space for entry or exit visa stamps. The decision to discontinue this service was made to enhance passport security and is consistent with international passport standards.
  • Requests for additional 24-page visa inserts will only be accepted until December 31, 2015.  This is effective worldwide.  Beginning January 1, 2016, applicants in need of additional pages in their valid passports must obtain a new passport.

Q: Why does adding additional pages to a passport make it less secure?

  • The visa page inserts used to add additional pages are more easily removable than the original sewn-in visa pages.  By removing an insert, a passport holder can hide his/her travel history or use the removed insert to create a counterfeit passport for identification purposes.   

Q: Are visas in an expired passport still valid?

The validity of a visa in an expired U.S. passport is dependent upon the host country that issued the visa. Some countries allow travel with two passports (one valid and one expired with valid visas) and some require new visas.

Passport Services

  • Regular American Citizens Services such as passports services, notary services, and consular records of birth abroad will be by appointment only on Thursdays from 8:30-11:30am.

    To schedule your appointment, please click here. For emergency services for American Citizens, please call the Embassy at 247-4011.

Adobe Reader

  • Download Free
    Download Free

    All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format.  To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.  You may download a free version by clicking the link above.